Sunday, December 5, 2010

Washing Yarn Braids

A process that I was dreading......turned out to be quite simple!


Prior to shampooing I oiled my scalp with my Lavender JBCO mixture, and then coated my braids, concentrating on the top half (where my hair is) with Soybean Oil (Vegetable Oil). I did so by oiling my braids in sections. I made four sections and when I was done with one, I would twist it, and put the length of my twist on top of my head.

It was hard to balance, but I repeated with the other three sections, and then made a bun on top of my head by tucking the ends, and securing with an elastic band. Like so...






I put on my satin scarf, and bonnet, and then went to bed. I decided to wash in the shower since it would be the easiest.

I let the water run over my hair, and then washed my hair in for sections, three times each. Using about a quarter size of Suave Professionals Shea & Almond shampoo. (The hair got sooo heavy!)

The first two times I concentrated on my roots, rubbing with my finger tips (not scratching!) rinsing after each wash, the third time, I focused on the hair, by using both my hands and rubbing the hair between both my palms, and then rinsed.

Since I did not plan on deep conditioning, I followed with putting Suave Professionals Shea & Almond conditioner on my roots, and the top half of my hair, as this is where my real hair is. I then twisted my hair in sections, as I did to prepoo, and tucked the ends and secured with a elastic band.


 I did not keep time, but I am sure the conditioner stayed in my hair for about 10-15 minutes. I rinsed with cool water, and then rung my hair out.

I then oiled my scalp with my JBCO mixture, and then sprayed my hair with my leave in (diluted VO5 Moisturizing Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie & Castor Oil).


To keep my hair out of my face I took the front sections and braided my hair, and left the back loose. It is still pretty wet now, so I am going to have to ring it out some more, but I want leave it down so it can dry fully. Here is how it looks...






It actually was an enjoyable experience. It felt nice to let water touch my scalp again! I'll be doing this process every two weeks, until I take these braids out.


Anyway, just wanted to share my experience with you all!


Naomi~

2 comments:

  1. You did these yourself? I love it. You did a good job :o)

    fefe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! Yes, I did do them myself. They took forever too! lol

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts