Sunday, August 1, 2010

Taking Down Braids & Mini Review- Suave Shea & Almond Conditoner

After having my hair in pixie braids for the past two weeks, today was the day I decided to start the process of taking them down, and boy was it a process! I really started Saturday night, did not take a lot out, I'd say a quarter or a little less than that. All in all, I'd say it took 7 hours give or take. I coated my hair in Castor oil, and conditioner, to soften my hair, so I'd have less of a chance of my hair knotting up on me, plus it gave my hair a little slip (easy to run through) which was well needed.


I also started to miss my hair, I started to forget what it was like to have 'loose' hair. I took some quick pics so you guys could see how big my hair looked! I think it is because it was stretched.











I went about my regular wash day routine, which I had to forgo last Sunday (my wash days are always on Sunday) because I did not want to get my braids frizzy, so I mainly just rinsed and sealed my ends during those two weeks. I'm trying to finish up my VO5 Moisturizing Milks Strawberries & Cream, because I'd like to try Suave Shea & Almond Shampoo, and I don't want to feel guilty for buying something I don't necessarily need. I'm going to get it soon though, probably some time this week.

Anyway, I do have Suave Shea & Almond conditioner, I've had it for a couple of weeks now, so I decided to give it it's debut today, I've only used it once, but I'm in love! It's the perfect combination of VO5 Moisturizing Milks Strawberries & Cream Conditioner or Herbal Escapes Free Me Freesia, and Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner.

Mind you I have not ran a comb through my hair in nearly two weeks, when I cowash I use a wide tooth comb to detangle, I generously applied Suave Shea & Almond to my hair, of course wet hair, because I just finished shampooing, put my hair under water, and went to work, of course there were a couple of kinks, but it detangled them beautifully. I was literally able to run my fingers through my hair afterwards, so that is a major plus! Pleas remember that what my hair likes, yours may not!

I do find that 'testing' products are the best way for you to figure out your hair's likes/dislikes

I also love the ingredients! Of course it's not completely natural, but the majority of it is good stuff.




Suave Shea & Almond Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice [Aloe Vera]*, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil [Lemongrass]*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil*, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract*, Dimethiconol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Dipropylene Glycol, Potassium Chloride, Lactic Acid, Disodium EDTA, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, PEG-150 Distearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

This is only based on one use, but this condition is great for cowashing! it has a creamy texture, and has a nice light scent! I will definitely continue to purchase. It's also very fairly prices. Depending on where you purchase you can find it anywhere from $1.80 USD, $4.00 USD. I find that Wal Mart has the better deal, as you get more bang for you buck, as you can get a 32 ounce for $2.49, whereas if you buy at, lets say, Rite Aid, you have to pay $3.49 for a 14.5 ounce bottle.



I am deep conditioning as we speak with Organic Root Stimulator (ORS) Replenishing conditioner, mixed with little Jarrows Formula brand Expeller Pressed Coconut Oil ( I am experimenting to see how this oil can be used best), with a cap, for a little over an hour.( I purchased this coconut oil because it was on sale, and I was always interested in using coconut oil. It also was on sale which made me purchase. However, it is not Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, and does not have a scent, but so far I do like it. It gives my hair shine, and it's good for sealing my ends.)

I have to go rinse, and I think I will put my hair in chunky twists, and use this new 'leave in' conditioner, I just created, I don't want to tell you all what it is until next post! I will let you know what's in it, and how I used it, and all that good stuff! I will also be sure to include pics!


Until Next Time, Naomi~
                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts