Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Trying Something New- Organic Root Stimulator Fertilizing Temple Balm

Hey  All!

I know I do not post as often as I once use to, but I rarely experiment with my hair these days. I did buy something new though, which is pretty much what I named in the title (Lol) ORS's Fertilizing Temple Balm.


I have always been curious about this product being that I have Traction Alopecia, and it meant for the regrowth of hair...so they say; but the price never sat too well with me, because I am a cheapskate (Lol).

I work near a Flea Market that happens to open on the weekends, and they have a discount bss within. I have seen it being sold there, but resisted the urge to buy it the first two times, despite it's $2 dollar price. Probably out of fear of it not working, but ironically I bought myself a 8oz bottle of JBCO there too. So now I don't have to buy it online, lucky me!

Last weekend I finally broke down and bought it. I am only on Day #2, so I cannot say it's done anything. It's suppose to be part of a step system, along with their other products.

Steps being: 
  1. Exfoliate using their Scalp Scrub. Beneath says "This exfoliating scalp treatment provides the ideal environment for hair to thrive
  2. Clease using their Uplifting Shampoo. Beneath says "The herbal rich shampoo invigorates the scalp gently lifts flakes and removes excess oils.
  3. Condition using their Hair Mayonnaise. Beneath says " An intense conditioning treatment of Whole Egg Protein and Olive Oil that moisturizes and strengthens damaged/over-processed hair from within the hair shaft. 
  4.  THEEENNN Stimulate using their Fertilizing Temple Balm. Beneath says " For, relaxed, blow-dried, or pressed hair. Apply a small amount of Fertilizing Temple Balm in the morining and night to affected areas.
  5. Strengthen & Moisturize using their Carrot Oil or Olive Oil hairdress. Beneath Says "Carrot Oil is a vitamin-rich creme with beta-carotene to strengthen weak and damaged hair. Olive Oil replenishes moisture to extra dry or thirsty hair.
What do I fee like this is? A gimmick to force you to buy things from their haircare line. (Lol) You use products you already have to do all those "steps". Again, I just bought the Temple Balm to kill my own curiosity and to see if it actually works.

Now about the Balm itself:
It is said to have "12 Herbal Extracts and Vitamins that Exfoliate & Stimulate Scalp While Revitalizing Hair". On the packaging it also states:
"Fertilizing Temple Balm is an intensive herbal scalp formula that revitalizes and encourages healthy hair and scalp. Poor circulation, adverse scalp conditions, illness, hormonal imbalances, clogged hair follicles, and many other factorscan inhibit the hair's ability to thrive. Fertilizing Temple Balm delivers essential oils and vitamins to enhance the scalp condition for healthier looking hair".
 "
  • Phytic Acid Colmples helps to exfoliate clogged pores leaving the scalp clean and supple.
  • Sulfur-rich amino acids from horsetail, nettle and garlic "fertilize" the hair by delievering nutrients to the hair and scalp.
  • Cayenne, a known stimulate, is infused into this balm to stimulate the hair and scalp.
  • Essential vitamins and minerals of B, E, & Zinc help protect and strengthen newly emerging hair."

 Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Oleth 10, PEG-25 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Mineral Oil (Parafinum Liquidum), Proplyine Glycol, Glycerine, Isopropyl Palmitate, Oleyl Alcohol, Kola Nut Oil (Cola Nitida), Phenyl Trimethicone, Lanolin, Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe Barbedensis) and Ascorbyl Methyl,  Silanol Pectinate and Phytic Acid, Dimethiconol Panthenol, Zinc Acetylmethionate, Linoleic and Linolenic Acids and Tocopherol Acids (Vitamin E), Paprika Extract (Capsicum), Garlic Extract (Allium Sativum), HoreseTail Extract (Equisetum Arvense), Nettle Extract (Urtica dioica), Menthol, Diazolidinyl Urea and Propylene Glycol and Methyl Paraben and Propyl Paraben, Ammonium Monoxynol-4 Sulfate and Sodium Styrene Acrylates/Di Vinyl Benzene Copolymer, Fragrance (Parfum), Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, D'Limonene, Linalool, Caramel Color.


*Kola Nut Oil is an oil that is composed of caffeine, starches, and sugars. I'm assuming it has to do with stimulation. Similar to that of the tea that is used in the Hairdrenaline potion. 

It kind of killed me to type the word stimulate over and over again, but I just wanted to give you all the info that the put on their packaging.

Now as far s the Directions go...
Before using this product the want you to conduct at patch test to for an allergic reaction before use. For that you are to apply a dime size amount to a small area of the scalp, and wait 24 hours. If itching, scalp pimples, or redness develops, DO NOT USE. If there is no reaction, you may proceed with  application.

If Patch Test is favorable.
Apply a dime size amount of Fertilizing Temple Balm to thinking area(s) of scalp. Take precaution to apply only to thinning area(s). Do not use in nape area. Massage into area(s) of scalp to insure full penetration. Apply twice a day, morning and night. Shampoo weekly with Uplifting Shampoo to allow proper penetration of  Fertilizing Temple Balm. Results usually occur within 8-12 weeks. After achieving desired results, you may continue to use Fertilizing Temple Balm twice a week to enhance  further results. Discontinue use of Temple Balm 4 days before or 7 days after all chemical services.


Here's what it looks like.



It smells and has the consistency of any other grease or hairdress.

This stuff has some strict rules! (Lol) I'm going to stick it out the eight weeks and see if any growth comes from it. Here is what I'm working with!



 The left side is a little worse than the right. This is after I just applied the Temple Balm.

From only two days of use what I can say is I feel a sort of throbbing/pulsating, not particularly a bad feeling, I hope it's a good sign though, and not one of my dust hair falling out (Lol).

I'll try my best to stay consistent, and use this product twice a week, for eight weeks, and see what comes of it. If nothing I will always have my beloved JBCO.

I'll be posting an update in 4 weeks! So stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts