Monday, April 18, 2011

Vitale Olive Oil Hair Mayonnaise Review

Hey All!

I do not do protein treatments often, as my hair does not need too much of it, as I have low porosity hair, however, I have made it a habit to do protein treatments every 4-6 weeks.

Usually I whip up a homemade protein treatment, like Mayonnaise & Eggs mixed with an oil, like EVOO ( Extra Virgin Olive Oil), but I found that after having that sit on my head with a shower cap, about 15 minutes later, it starts to drip, and it gets all on my face and neck which is irritating to say the least.

The last couple of times though I have used Vitale Olive Oil Hair Mayonnaise, which I received from one of my good friends from BHP (Black Hair Planet), and I have got to tell you guys, that I adore it!




It is cost effective too,  only $7.29 USD from Sally Beauty, for a 30oz Jar, and being that protein treatments should not be often, maximum of once a month, this conditioner can really last you!

It sort of smells like relaxer, but I kind of like the scent, but that is just me. It  has a thicker consistency, which I love, so that means no dripping, and the ingredients aren't too shabby either!

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Olive Oil (Olea Europaea), Hydrolyzed Oat Protein (Avena Sativa), Hydrolyzed Soy Proteinn *Glycine Soja), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polyquarternium-32, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alchol, Lanolin, DL Panthenol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Menthol, Camphor, Cholesterol, Benzophenone-4, Tocophherol Acetate, (Vitamin E ), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Egg Protein, Carrot Oil *Daucus Carota), Tea Tree Oil ( Melaleuca Alternifola), Kuki Nut Oil (Aleurites Moluccana), Parsley Flakes *Carum Petroselinum), Extract of Arnica Montana Flower, Centella Asiatica, Uritca Dioica (Nettle), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf, Capisum Annumm and Cochlearia, Aromoracia (Horseradish) Root, Propylene Gylcol, Methylparaben, Propylparben, DMDM Hydantoin, FD & C Yellow No. 5 (CI 19140), FD & C Yellow No. 6 (CI 61565), FD & C Blue No. 1 (CI 42090), Fragrance (Parfum)


This conditioner (bold) has ingredients are to help with stimulation as well as dry hair, and does not leave your hair feeling hard as with most protein conditioners, although I do still suggest, that you follow your protein conditioner with a moisturizing, just to assure your hair gets the balance it needs.

This conditioner leaves my hair feeling strong, without feeling like hay afterwards, the only con I have is that the parsley flakes in it can get left behind in your hair, and you have to make sure you rinse your hair well. The scent may bother others with sensitive noses, but I am not bothered by it.


Anyway, with all that being said, I love this conditioner! I finally found a protein conditioner that works! Although it has it's cons- the scent, the flakes, this product still gets a 5/5 from me!



2 comments:

  1. yh i av issues with the flakes too
    i love its so cheap here in the UK £5 for £500ml

    I just finished mine and thinking of replacing it with joico moisture recovery treatment balm but its about £12 for 250ml :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used it in a good while myself, I usually will do a Mayo/Egg with conditioner for my protein treatments.

      Delete

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts