Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Queen Helene Super Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream (Deep Conditioner) Review

Hey All!

Remember my previous post about not wanting to wash my hair...well I did, and my curls came back immediately, thank the Lord! What I really want to talk about though is this new deep conditioner I have been using. Well it's more like revisited, because I tried it earlier on in my HHJ, and felt so-so about it.


The new deep conditioner is a cholesterol- Queen Helene Super Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream. I have the 907.2g/2 pound one, and it has a pump, which I love, for a reason I'm getting to...


I can't exactly remember how much I paid for this product, but I bought it from Walmart, and I'm pretty sure I got it for less that $7.99 USD, why do I say that, because I am cheap, and have yet to pay $10.00 USD, on any one product!  You can find Cholesterol conditioner, not necessarily this brand, at any BSS or drug store, like Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS, etc.  Other brands I have heard of Lustrasilk, Lusti, Hollywood Beauty.

Believe it or not, cholesterol is good for your hair! It is good fat that helps condition and give your hair luster! So this is great for those who have dry/damaged hair!


Now the ingredient's does not sound the best...


Ingredients:  Water (Aqua), Glyceryl Stearate, Mineral Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Lanolin, Myristamidopropyl, Dimethylamine Phosphate, Cholesterol, Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Keratin Amino Acids, Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Yellow #5 (CI# 19140), Yellow #6 (CI# 15985), Red #40 (CI# 16035), Red #33 (CI# 17200).


But believe me it works! I find that it works best if you mix it with oils, or melted shea butter. That is at least what I have used. My favorite combo is to use Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) and Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (EVCO). It leaves me with such soft hair, and it's a lot of product for less than 10 bucks! (It also works nice alone, still soft, just not as soft with additives.) The pump makes it worth the money as well because it's less messy, and allows me to get an eye for how much I'm using.


I like this a lot better than the Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol I use to use.


I have been looking for an affordable, moisturizing, deep conditioner, and this is it! Although I love this conditioner to pieces, it will get a 4/5 from me, only because to I have to add oils to get that suppleness I'm looking for!

Check this product out if you haven't already!

~Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts