Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hair Length Chart & Hair Forum Terminology/Abbreviations

When I first started my Healthy Hair Journey (HHJ), I had no clue what the hair length terminology was, but I found these charts that tells you where one length begins, and ends, and the abbreviations for it, which I think is important to know if you are or plan to be on any hair blogs or forums.So here are a couple of charts I use to judge my length, which makes it easier, since some people, like myself, do not measure by inches.








Some other Termonology that may be used on Forums, I found them really confusing when I just started out, so I thought I'd compile some of the common ones.


ACV- Apple Cider Vinegar

BC- Big Chop

BHP- Black Hair Planet (Forum)

BHM- Black Hair Media (Forum)

BSS- Beauty Supply Store

BUMP(ING)-  You write this in a thread you create, or when you want to  push (bump) a/your topic to the top so it can stay active, and be visible to other posters to see, or get a response

CO- Castor Oil or Coconut Oil

CON- Cream of Nature

CONES- Silicones

DB- Dear Boyfriend

DD- Dear Daughter
 
DG- Dear Girlfriend

DH- Dear Husband

DS- Dear Son

DF- Dear Fiance/Fiancee (basically if there is a D before  letters B,D,G, and F, it means dear lol)

DIY- Do It Yourself

DUSTING- It is when you trim a such a tiny amount, it falls/resembles dust

EVCO- Extra Virgin Castor Oil or Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

EVOO- Extra Virgin Olive Oil

HE- Herbal Essense

HHG- Happy Hair Growing

HHJ- Healthy Hair Journey

HTH- Hope That Helps

ITA- I Totally Agree

IMO/JMO- In/ Just My Opinion

JBCO- Jamaican Black Castor Oil

NG- New Growth

PJ- Product Junkie (someone who buys/owns more hair products that they 'need')

SO- Significant Other

S& D- Search and Destroy, it is when you 'search' and cut/trim split ends

TIA- Thanks In Advance

TWA- Teeny Weeny Afro

WGO- Wild Growth Oil


Okay, that is all the abbreviations I can think of for now. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! HTH!


Until Next Time, Naomi~

3 comments:

  1. Wow this is the first time I have seen anyone use a photo to explain the hair length. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I did not draw the pictures, but I thought it would be good to share, for those who are new to 'hair terminology'. I hope it was helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts