Saturday, December 14, 2013

Havana Twists Revamped

Hey All!

I've been meanjng to post but have been busy with moving and school, which is exactly why I installed Havana Twists.

As you all know I've done them before but I got so-so reviews from family and friends..I myself wasn't crazy about the either. Don't get me wrong, they were cute but too scalpy. I already have fine hair and I try my best to not look bald-headed.

This time I used 5 1/2 packs of Reggae braid or whatever it was called, no different than Marley braid hair. I'm missing hair in spots so I probably would have ended up using 6 full packs.

The night before, I washed my hair with Vidal Sasson Color protecting Shampoo, deep conditioned with my beloved Queen Helene Cholesterol. Then m&s with Design Essentials HCO, and sealed with Africas Best Ultimate Oil. I then put my hair into horizontal flat twists. The next day I blow dried my hair on medium heat with my wide tooth comb.To twist, I used 3 tufts per twist opposed to the 5 I used before. I have 50 twists altogether and at the end, I used blue cold wave rods and dipped my ends in boiling water. Oh and I used both the twist in and braid at root methods. Why? Because my hair is super fine and the weight of the added hair wouldn't stay in, in some spots.

Friends and family kind of got on board this time, though I got compared to Predator from 'Alien vs. Predator' (They tried it. Lol.) I have received compliments everwhere from people of all cultures. So I am definitely not complaining.

It's a super simple style so it will forever be a go-to protetive style. Will be rocking these into the new year.

Just wanted to share.

~Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts