Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Rod Set on Dry Flat Ironed NATURAL Hair

As you all know, I flat ironed my hair not too long ago for dusting purposes, I decided that I will leave my hair that way for the rest of the week. Thing is, I haven't really styled it, just thrown it into a pony/bun, and called it a day. 

Last night I decided to do a rod set, since I wanted to change it up a bit. Only this time, I did it on dry hair without any product. I used gray cold wave rods, to my knowledge there are three brands. Salon Care, which I believe is a Sally Beauty brand, and Diane & Annie brands, which are sold in beauty Supply Stores. I believe the gray colored ones are 3/8ths of an inch in size.I use this size rod for medium curls (I have SL hair). 

I also have the blue rods which are 1/4th an inch , which are for tiny curls. The largest size I have used is the pink/orchid 9/16th an inch which are for bigger curls. Pretty much, the larger the roller the less tight the curl, but more volume, and the opposite for smaller rods.

These rods are great because the are easy to use, because they have a cap like thing at the end of the rod to close it, so there is no need for metal clips or bobby pins. They come in a pack of 12, and the price varies where you go, but they are usually less than 1 dollar (USD). I also believe the larger the roller the more it costs. I believe the biggest size still is less than 2 dollars, so it think they are still relatively cheap.


I put my hair in rods last night, in the same fashion as usual, left them overnight, slept with a satin scarf, and took the rods out. I picked the curls out a tiny bit, and that was the extent of my styling.


Glad I took the pics before heading out today, as natural flat ironed hair does not like moisture, well more like it does, because my hair fluffed right on up. At least I know it can revert! Anyway, it is a good style whether you have straight or natural hair, I plan to do plaits tonight, so I will be posting about that soon too!




Until Next Time, HHG to All! Naomi <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts