Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Count Down Begins!

Hey all!


As much as been loving my braids, I feel like I am going to have to will myself to get through these next two weeks. I am loving the get up and go, but I miss having a regimen, changing my look, playing in my hair. This shows me that I cannot handle having locs right now. I do love the look of them, but I crave the ability to change my look, so maybe that is something I will look into later on in life.


To help me prepare for taking down my braids, I have been looking into getting all the products I will need, before taking down my braids. I have formed a list, here is what it looks like so far...  


Shea Butter (A Staple, considered both a moisturiser & sealant, I love to use this for twists, and bantu knots)

Aloe Vera Gel (For Moisture, never used before, but I have always wanted to)

EVCO (Extra Virgin Coconut Oil) ( A Staple, I use this in my 'Super Moisturizing Homemade Coconut Leave In', to seal, prepoo, add it to dc's. It is one of my favorite oils)

Home Health Castor Oil (A Staple, I use this to help thicken my hair by using on my scalp, I also add this to dc's, and also to seal)

EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) (Used to prepoo, seal, can add to dc's, I have not used this oil in a while and would like to see if my hair would take to it')

Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil (A Staple, I use this in everything)

Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave In (I have always wanted to try this product, and I am hoping I get around to doing so)

I would also like a couple of new spray and applicator bottles.)



I will be clarifying after prepooing, with either VO5 Herbal Escapes Clarifying Kiwi Lime, or my new Mint Shampoo Bar (a solid bar used to cleanse hair)  from LUSH, which is infused with different herbs, like peppermint, cinnamon, and nettle, to promote hair growth.


I have narrowed down which dc's I will be using. (After doing something like braids, you always should do a protein treatment, followed by a moisturising dc. Balance is key!)

For Protein it will be either
Tropical Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil Hair Mayonnaise Protein Conditioner
or
Vitale Olive Oil Hair Mayonnaise

For Moisture it will be either
LUSH Retread

Hask & Henna Henna 'n' Placenta Pack

Roux Porosity Control Extreme Pak Moisturizing Treatment

I also have Shea Butter, and Avocado Skala (Domincan brand) conditioner, that I can mix with oils.

I have yet to decide on the dc's. (All new products, and dc's I have yet to use, I will be reviewing.)

What do you guys think....of the protein & moisturising dc's which two should I use? Also, what style should I do once the braids are out?

Would love to have you guys opinion! Comment & Subscribe!


~Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts