Sunday, April 4, 2010

Rod Setting Natural Hair

                                         (Ignore the date)

I had a wedding to attend, and I already had my dress and shoes together, my accessories, but I still needed to do my hair. I don't go to salon's nor do I know of any good one's. I also don't like spending money on something I can do myself! The problem was, I was having a hard time deciding whether to flat iron, or do a roller/rod set. My boyfriend said it didn't matter, but he never really has an opinion when it comes to my hair.

I then turned to my sisters on BHP and asked what they thought would be the better choice. As it turned out, a lot of them, including those who were relaxed suggest that I do the roller/rod set instead. Another thing that factored in my decision was that I am part of a no heat challenge, and I want to try my best to stay away from using direct heat on my hair.

I use perm rods and Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion for my rod sets. If you ever wanted to try this rods out, my only suggestion is that if you prefer a looser curl, go for the bigger sized rollers, the smaller the roller, the tighter the curl will be. I like small curls but I plan on purchasing more of the gray colored rods for when I want a looser curl.

I only mixed them because I ran out of yellow/blue rods lol.

I prepooed the night before, then I did my cayenne pepper treatment, washed with diluted V05 Moisturizing Milks Strawberries & Cream Shampoo, cowashed with matching conditioner, and then deep conditioned with a cap, without heat, for two hours with, Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner. (In the bottle, same formula, make sure to buy see through bottle, the solid colored one has a different formula)

I sealed with my mixture of oils, and then did my hair in four sections, put Motions Foam Wrapping Lotion in the section I  was doing, and did that for all four sections, and put the rollers in downward, and made sure the roller was close to my root,( do not bunch the hair in one section of the roller, actually make sure it wraps around the length of it) and got the results of the picture above.

I left the rollers in overnight, so it would be fresh for the wedding which was the following day, and I split the curls, and it was done! The style can last a whole week, but I usually keep it for 3 days or so.



(The left side is where I split the curls, the right is how it looks when it comes out of the roller)




Try rod/roller setting at home, the results are rewarding!



Until Next Time, HHG to All! <3 Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts