Monday, August 16, 2010

Review- Beyond The Zone Turn up the Heat Protection Spray

For quite some time I have been contemplating flat ironing my natural tresses. The problem was that I did not own a proper heat protectant, and I've always wanted to invest in one. Reason being is that I had been using Organic Root Stimulator Incredibly Rich Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion as a heat protectant. Now, on the bottle, it states that it can be used for heat protection against heat appliances. The problem I encountered, was product kept building up on the plates of my flat iron.

It could be the combination of oils, and the hair lotion, that caused the build up, but either way, I would have to stop flat ironing to scrape the build up off the plates before continuing, which can be damaging, and strenuous. It also could be that I do not own the best flat iron. I actually only own a mini flat iron, which is okay, since I have naturally thin hair. I am also looking into buying some new appliances. I own a Power IQ Mini Mojo Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron, which I got on sale at SallyBeauty, for about $15.00 USD.

I went to SallyBeauty, and was done to either Silk Elements Megasilk Heat Protection Spray, and Beyond the Zone Turn Up the Heat Protection Spray, I've heard good reviews on both products, and there was only a 10 cent difference between the two. Silk Element was $7.39 USD, $6.99 if you own a SallyBeauty Club Card, (which you can for the the price of $5.00 USD, for a 1 year membership, it gives you discounts on all products, it can really add up!) the Beyond the Zone ws $7.49, since making the decision between the two was hard for me to make, I left it up to one of the sales associates at Sally's.


She told me that Beyond the Zone was the better of the two, so that is what I purchased.




Now on to the Review!

It is a spray of course, and I sprayed it on my damp hair to blow dry with. Immediately I saw the difference, my roots came out a lot straighter using this product, and less frizzy. The scent is awesome too, it is a cross between cake and candy! Now although my roots were straight it was a bit tough to comb my ends, but it could be that I did not detangle properly before hand.

Another thing I immediately noticed was the shine/sheen! It was noticeable with just blow drying. I also flat ironed with ease using this spray. I did not use it sparingly as the instructions says to do, for fear of heat damage. (Heat damage- is when hair is exposed to excess amount of heat at a time, it causes hair to loose it's natural texture, leaving hair limp and straight, it will not revert, and as far as I know, the only way to rid of it, is to cut the damaged hair off)

I would be mindful of how much is used, because it can leave hair feeling oily, I did not experience that, but I'm sure that it can be a factor.

I also did not experience any product build up on my flat iron, it literally glided through. I'm sure this product would be great coupled with a better flat iron. I like my flat iron, however, it does not make me ends straight, it could be my technique.

Beyond the Zone Turn Up the Heat
CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ,NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE ,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE ,FRAGRANCE ,DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE ,DIISOPROPYL ADIPATE


I have not used other Heat Protectants, but as far as how it worked with my hair, I give it a 5/5!











Until Next Time, Naomi~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts