Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Straight Sexy Hair Smooth & Protect (Flat Iron) Spray Review



Now to be honest, I have never been tempted to try any of the Sexy Hair Care line, but this particular product was recommended to me by one of my instructors while I was in Cosmetology school, so of course I took their word for it. Come to find out, I was right to! I was hesitant at first because it is in an aerosol and I have not had good experiences that with products that are packaged in this form.

I purchased it months ago, 50% during a school sale. I have no recollection on how much I paid, but I am  pretty sure you can purchase it at a local Drug Store, Salon, or online on websites like, Amazon. On there I saw it for $12.99 USD for the 4.1oz bottle.

It has a hair producty-perfumy scent, which I personally, find to be pleasant. It gives your hair a nice shine, and actually protects your hair against humidity, which had me sold!  This product is meant to be used for straight hair, or hair that is going to be straightened. Hence the name.

The Directions state that this product can be used on damp or dry hair, and I have tried it on both, and to be honest, it is much better to use on dry hair. Why? Because you can tell how much you are using. When we use products we tend to go overboard, and put enough where we can "see" that the product is actually in our hair, leading to overuse, and because this product contains no water, it pretty much left me with stiff greasy looking hair. Only when used while wet. Could just been how I used it.(*Shrugs* Lol.)

I use it more like a finishing spray to keep humidity out and for shine, rather than a heat protectant. It does the job that way, but I just prefer to use it to finish my flat ironing with.

To be honest, there's not any natural ingredients in this product, but it's a heat protectant/sheen spray, so it really should not be expected anyway. Just for fun here are the ingredients.

Ingredients: Isobutane, SD Alchol, 40-B (Alcohol Denat.), Cyclotetrasiloxane, Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Cyclopentasiloxane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Copolyol, PEG-8 Methicone, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Propylne Glycol, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Phytantriol, Fragrance (Parfum), Linalool, Citronellol, Eugenol, Benzyl Salicylate. 

 I adore this product, and I have run out and though it is a teeny bit more expensive than the products I usually buy, it is definitely worth it. I rate it a 4.5 out of 5 curly girl points!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts