Sunday, March 14, 2010

Why use Cayenne Pepper?

I have bald spots on both sides of my head, and have had them for years. Last year I made the decision to transition, and decided that I wanted to do something to see if I can get my hair to grow. I went to dermatologists when I was younger, but no growth came from the medicine they prescribed. So from there I decided to do my own research. I went and looked for things that promote growth, and then came across this thread that said cayenne pepper could help with hair growth. I decided to look more into it, and it is true!



Cayenne Pepper contains Capsiscum, Capsicum contains Capsaicin , which is the chemical that produces that burning sensation, when you eat peppers. When made into a paste, and is placed on the body, it has that same 'burning sensation' (if you only use water), the 'burning' sensation, produces blood flow to the affected area, which helps stimulate hair follicles, and an in essence, helps produce hair growth.

To furthermore prove the efficiency of  Cayenne pepper, it is used in as a key ingredient in hair growth aids such as:
Organic Root Stimulator Scalp Scrub
Organic Root Stimulator Fertilizing Temple Balm
Organic Root Fertilizing Serum

Now I love me some Organic Root Stimulator, but I refuse to pay for something I can make at home, and have in it's purest form.


I do not use exact measurements, but just to give you guys an idea of how you can make your own, I use for my own paste
A Small Plastic Bowl
Cayenne Pepper, and Water (if I want the mixture to be strong)
If  I do not want such a strong mixture, and have that 'burning' sensation I add an oil, you can use any oil you like, but I personally have used,
Vegetable Oil, Canola Oil, Olive Oil, and Castor Oil (Cold Pressed, Cold Processed)
I also add Paprika if I feel to


Whatever liquid I use whether it is just water, or both water and an oil, I do not add too much so that it is loose, it will not still to your scalp if it is watery, it will also drip, which is not great because it can burn your eye, it won't damage it or anything as far as I know, but it would hurt momentarily.


I leave it on for a minimum of 30 minutes, and then rinse it out by cowashing or shampooing my hair afterwards, to make sure all of it comes out. In my opinion, doing this process 2-3 times a week can help fill in bald spots. After doing this for a year, my hair is filling out, if you have a smaller spot, it would not take as long, that and the fact that I do take 1-2 month breaks when I get my hair braided, but if I stay on it, it will be filled out this year.

I will post a picture of the mixture, and pics of my spots a bit later.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Naomi, I thought this was a great idea so I gave it a try on a few spots I wanted to fill in and, i definitely felt the tingle, and long after I washed it out. Does this happen to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shaylyn!

    The tingle does last a while sometimes, depending on how long you left it on, and whether you used a shower cap or not. It's always good to cowash/wash after using cayenne because it is grainy and sometimes sticks to your hair.

    Hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts