Thursday, October 7, 2010

JBCO Is The Truth!




I'm sure you guys have heard me mention that I have been using Tropical Isle brand Lavender JBCO (Jamaican Black Castor Oil) for a while now. I mix it with Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil, and regular Home Health brand Castor Oil (it is Cold pressed and Cold processed) to stretch it, as JBCO is expensive! (I use an 8 ounce applicator bottle, 4 ounces of JBCO,  and make up the other 4 ounces using regular Castor Oil, and Africa's Best Ultimate Oil) However this stuff is amazing by itself.

I have heard of people experiencing an itchy scalp due to JBCO. If you are experiencing that, I suggest you cutting (mixing) your JBCO with another oil. It will help dilute it. I have not experienced this, I mix my JBCO by choice, and you guys can too if you so chose.

I have been using this oil on my scalp since sometime near the beginning of the year, and the amount of thickness I have obtained, is unreal! I just recently started using it along my hairline, and even my 'baby' hair has grown longer and thicker, thing is, it does not quite look like baby hair anymore, as it too long to lie down, and does not blend in with the rest of my hair (it is a shorter length). I can tell it is indeed 'baby' hair, because the front and sides of my hairline were super thin, and now it's filled in. You can see my side edges in my last post.

I also love the way it smells, I know a lot of people complain about it's smokey scent, but it has really grow on me, the lavender adds a nice touch too. It is good for those who are not too fond of the regular/natural scent of JBCO. I swear it is gold in a bottle! If you do not mind paying the shipping fee, it is definitely worth a try if you are looking to thicken your hair, pr to fill in a bald/thinning area.

From my understanding JBCO can be found on Amazon, BeautyofNewyork.com (I have not ordered from these places myself, but some ladies from one of the forums I frequent does, and of course from the official site for Tropical Isle Brand JBCO, Sams247.com.  I have also heard you can buy it from BSS (Beauty Supply Store(s)), however this is tricky. I think you will have some luck if is a Caribbean/African owned, but that is just my opinion.

There is another brand of JBCO, Sunny Isle Brand, and from what I've seen comes in different colors, and 'flavors', if you will, but I have not used it before, so I cannot give an opinion. I would suggest that you guys do your research before making a decision on which to purchase, of course my vote is for Tropical Isle. Check out forums, other blog/vlog reviews, hair forums, and even youtube. These are the best tools when trying to figure out what products are favored, or are considered the 'best'. Please do keep in mind, that what works for one, may not work for another, so use your judgment.

 Also both brands have branched out from JBCO, and have come out with pomades, shampoo, and other goodies, so you can also check those out on their websites.


Anyway, I just wanted to share my good news with you all!

Until Next Time, Naomi~

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, Naomi just reading this review makes me so excited to get my jbco in the mail. *jumps up n' down* I am so happy that its doing wonders on your hair missy. WOOO!!! I see long, thick, beautiful natural hair in the future. =)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts