Sunday, October 24, 2010

Update & New Discovery! Vegetable Oil = Soybean Oil!




Hey guys, just wanted to give you a quick update. I flat ironed my hair a week and some days ago, and finally got around to washing my hair. I was worried because I flat ironed more than once in the week period, and thought I could have some heat damage.

Thank goodness that was not the case. My hair started to curl up right after I Clarified (using VO5 Herbal Escapes Clarifying Kiwi Lime) and cowashed (w/ matching conditioner). I made sure to prepoo before clarifying, so my hair would not feel completely stripped.

I Dced with protein mixing mayonnaise into Organics Africa's Best Hair Mayonnaise, I let that sit for about an hour and a half, and used a plastic bag to cover my hair instead of a plastic cap ( I ran out lol).

My hair felt great afterwards, super soft. However to make sure I don't experience any unnecessary shedding, I followed with a moisturizing dc.

Thing is I ran out of my moisturizing dc (Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol) so I made one. I just used one of my cowashing conditioners, Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut, and decided to try using Vegetable Oil. I decided on giving it a try since I am running low on Coconut Oil. 


I left it on for an hour and a half as well. My hair felt really soft, and detangling was a breeze!


For some reason I looked on the back of my (Crisco) Vegetable Oil bottle, and looked under ingredients, and found out Vegetable Oil, is Soybean Oil!


Reading up on Soybean Oil, I've learned that it has many benefits. This oil helps moisturize hair because it contains Omega 3 fats and lipids, that can penetrate the hair shaft, which results in hydrated hair. Soybean Oil also contains proteins, and vitamins, which can help strengthen and nourish your strands as well.

I have not used it as a hot oil treatment, but I have heard it is great for that as well. 

I like this oil! It is light in comparison to Castor Oil, so I may use it as a sealant. My hair seemed to like it.

Anyway, I just had to share my discovery with you all!

2 comments:

  1. Crisco vegetable oil in your DCs for moisture benefits *rubs chin* sounds like a plan to me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, it worked for me! I was surprised, I will try it again in this weeks dc.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts