Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Mother of all Single Strand Knots!

You guys, a couple of days ago I did the unimaginable...I tried to detangle my dry hair! Now if you know anything about healthy hair care, you know that is one of the hugest no-no's. It is because your hair is more susceptible to breakage or splits in it's dry state, as well as knotting!

Single strand knots are caused when a strand of hair rubs against itself and forms a ball at the end of the strand. (Click link for more descriptive definition on how SSK are formed, and how to avoid and fix!)

It had been a while since combing my hair, as I have been putting my hair in a ponytail, and tucking my ends, so I wanted to use my fingers to detangle a little bit. that was a huge mistake, I found myself forming knots my trying to pull my hair apart, and in doing so, I found a THREE strand knot.

It was three separate strands of hair, all connected at the end, so it was strand of hair, then a knot connecting the next strand of hair at the end, then another strand connected by a knot at the end. (I tried taking a picture but the flash on my camera made it so you couldn't see the strand, I didn't think to hold a piece of paper behind it)

I have not gotten down to the bottom of it just yet, but I think I will be stepping up my moisture intake, so we'll see.


Until Next Time, Naomi~

2 comments:

  1. *sigh* I am a person that suffers from ssk's from time to time.....so depressing. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still get them! I thought they were gone, so I have to step up my dc's and moisturizing! But you are not the only one!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts