Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Mother of all Single Strand Knots!

You guys, a couple of days ago I did the unimaginable...I tried to detangle my dry hair! Now if you know anything about healthy hair care, you know that is one of the hugest no-no's. It is because your hair is more susceptible to breakage or splits in it's dry state, as well as knotting!

Single strand knots are caused when a strand of hair rubs against itself and forms a ball at the end of the strand. (Click link for more descriptive definition on how SSK are formed, and how to avoid and fix!)

It had been a while since combing my hair, as I have been putting my hair in a ponytail, and tucking my ends, so I wanted to use my fingers to detangle a little bit. that was a huge mistake, I found myself forming knots my trying to pull my hair apart, and in doing so, I found a THREE strand knot.

It was three separate strands of hair, all connected at the end, so it was strand of hair, then a knot connecting the next strand of hair at the end, then another strand connected by a knot at the end. (I tried taking a picture but the flash on my camera made it so you couldn't see the strand, I didn't think to hold a piece of paper behind it)

I have not gotten down to the bottom of it just yet, but I think I will be stepping up my moisture intake, so we'll see.


Until Next Time, Naomi~

2 comments:

  1. *sigh* I am a person that suffers from ssk's from time to time.....so depressing. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still get them! I thought they were gone, so I have to step up my dc's and moisturizing! But you are not the only one!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts

Amazon Contextual Product Ads