Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Refresh Old Braids

Hey All!

As most of you know, I have been in Yarn Braids, for a month officially now. Thing is, braids can slip, or you can experience new growth, the longer you keep them in. It is great, but it does not exactly look good as they did when you first got them installed. As your roots are no longer inside the braid, and can be seen, and at that point, you are fooling no one! lol

Well, my hair had gotten to that point, but since I have a month left, I did not want to go through it with my new growth being on display, so I opted to rebraid my edges, and my middle row.

I intially intended to rebraid my entire head over, but then I thought it would be logical to only braid the sections of my hair that would be visable. A couple of rows in the back, so I can wear a high bun, or pony if I chose to, the middle two rows-front only, so I can wear my hair parted. So now I look as though I have fresh braids.

I already had pre-cut yarn, because I saved it! From when I was preparing to install my Yarn Braids. I suggest saving unsed portion hair (if in package) or yarn . You can save yourself some money, and effort it takes to go to the store. So that is what I used!

Now my braids look as they did when I first installed them! It really helps because it would have taken me hours to complete my entire head, for the same results. It will help me get through the next month without feeling self conscious.

Anyway, I just wanted to share some tips and tricks I have learned with braids this time around.

~Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts