Wednesday, December 1, 2010

(Yarn) Braid Regimen

Hey all!

I am loving my braids so far! I have been experimenting with styles here and there, which I have yet to take a photo of! I will make sure to do next time.

Lately my favorite style so far is a high bun.

Anyway, my regimen so far.....


-Moisturize 4x a week (Using diluted VO5 Moisturizing Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie Conditioner with Home Health Castor Oil)

- Wash 2x a month (Have yet to decide on shampoo)

- Deep Condition 2x a month (Have yet to decide on dc)

-Oil scalp 1x a week (Using a mixture of Lavender Jamaican Black Castor Oil, and Home Health Castor Oil)



I have yet to wash or deep condition my braids, which is why I have not set products for them. I have never deep conditioned my hair while it is in braids, so I am nervous about doing so. I may baggy with oils overnight, in place of deep conditioning.

Either way, I want to ensure my hair gets moisture while in braids, as I want it to grow! However, I do not want to get product build up, which is why I do not oil my scalp too often, and am weary of deep conditioning.

I will be washing my braids and I also want to do a moisturizing treatment next weekend, so I have some time to think about whether I will be deep conditioning or baggying. I plan on keeping my braids for 7 more weeks, and I will be rebraiding my edges in time for Christmas, so they will look fresh for the holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts