Friday, February 4, 2011

2 Product Reviews- Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Reconstructurizer & Hask Placenta Henna 'n' Placenta Dual Action Pack

Hey All!

I received Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Reconstructurizer as a gift! It was a product that I had been wanting to try for a long time, mainly because it is a 'two-in-one' product. It's main purpose is for it to be used as a heat protectant, but it can also be used as a leave in.



I have tried it as both. Once to blow dry. My blow dryer is not the best (in terms of quality). I have a remington, which is what you call a 'drug store brand', meaning I can find it any CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aide, etc. At some point I will be purchasing a professional blow dryer, but that is what I am rocking with right now.

Prior to use. I went about my wash day routine, shampoo, cowash, dc, oil scalp etc. I used a Deep Conditioner I have never tried before. Hask Placenta Henna 'n' Placenta Dual Action Pack. It states that it  "Strengthens and repairs dry, brittle, lifeless hair." This 'Henna' product does not change hair color. Although eventually, I would like to invest in purchasing some real Henna, for color.




The consistency was very much like creamy petroleum, and it felt waxy going on. It was easy to apply none the less, and the package was just enough to cover my hair thoroughly. I left it on for about an hour, and covered with a plastic bag. I did not use heat. My hair felt nice after rinsing, not super soft, but nice, and it was pretty easy detangling. It is hard to pinpoint the scent with this one, to me it smells like scented crayons. You know the kind Crayola makes. It was nice, not sure if I would repurchase, but for a pack dc, it did a good job. Maybe I will have to try it again to see if I feel any different about it. For now it gets a 3/5.


I sprayed my hair with the Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea, after rinsing out the deep conditioner and oiling my scalp. This product made it easier to blow dry, and my hair did get straighter, near my roots, but it took a little doing with my ends. Again it could be my blow dryer, but to get my ends dried thoroughly, and with ease, I had to respray my ends, and blow dry them. I did this in sections with my ends after getting done with my roots.

The only thing that I was a bit disappointed by, is that it did not give my hair any sheen, but I am sure this coupled with oil sheen, spritz, or simply sealing can fix this. Something else I am not crazy about, is the scent. It smells like cleaning product to me. The smell dissipates quickly, so that too, is not a big issue. It works well as a leave in. This is a spray, and not cream based like my homemade leave in's, so I definitely have to make sure to seal after using this product, or my hair will dry out.

Although I am not crazy about the smell, this product does a great job at straightening my hair in time for heat styles, and works as a leave in, so because of that it get's a 4/5 from me!

I used it again last night, as a leave in, and used my Shealoe to seal, for a twist out. I did about 12 twists, and used Yellow Perm Rods on my ends, so they would be uniform with the rest of my hair. These rods are too small for Rod Sets, so that is mainly what I use them for.

Here is how it came out.








I think I got pretty good results, so I think I will be sticking to this combination for my twist outs!


Just wanted to share with you all!

~Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts