Monday, February 21, 2011

Skala Avocado Conditioner Review

Hey All!

Last Sunday I used Skala Avocado Conditioner that I was given this conditioner as a gift, as a Deep Conditioner. It is a Dominican brand product, it is for "Dry Coarse Hair", and is for "Revitalizing and Strength". I believe it was purchased for a dollar. (saw price sticker)Not sure from where exactly.

This conditioner is suppose to be used as a cowashing conditioner, but I used this as a Deep Conditioner, and for that I am glad! This conditioner has a thicker consistency than my usual cowashing conditioner (VO5 Strawberries & Cream) so it did not drip, and has a light green hue.

I mixed it with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and Coconut Oil, it was really easy to apply, and felt great going on. I covered my hair with a plastic bag, and went about my business. I let it sit for a little more than an hour, and rinsed. My hair felt so soft, and was really easy to detangle.I believe it can be found in Rite Aid, or you're local supermarket, it is a bit hard to find though, since this product is not always in stock, so keep an eye out for it!


Ingredients: Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrmonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Glutaral, Parfum, Citric Acid, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract, FD&C Blue #1 (CI 42090), FD&C Yellow #5 (CI 19140).

I wish I took a picture of how it looked mixed all together, I did not use more than 3 spoonfuls of each oil.

I like to experiment to see what works, and try and create new 'products', I hope this encourages you all to try making your own DC mix! Please keep in mind that works for me, may not work for you, that is what a HHJ is all about, finding what works for you!!

~Naomi


2 comments:

  1. Hey Naomi I have been becoming interested in mixing for a DC. I currently do have some coconut oil, EVOO, and I have seen some use honey which I also have in my cabinets. I just ordered the Africa's best organics olive oil deep conditioner do you have any suggestions on how much is good to mix? Also should I scoop out the DC into a separate bowl to add my oils in it and how long should I cover with a plastic cap? Is heat necassary? Thanks for any feed back sorry that was a lot lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Augusta, that wasn't long! I have never used Africa's Best Organics Olive Oil Deep Conditioner, but the oils you just named (EVCO & Olive Oil), I have found that those are the BEST oils to mix for Deep Conditioning, it leaves my hair so soft.

    If I am making a DC, I do just as you said, either scoop or squeeze (depending on the packaging) the conditioner into a bowl, and add my oils.

    Heat really isn't all that necessary, I mean it does help with penetration, but I feel leaving a DC on without heat for an hour with a plastic cap/bag, is the equivalent of 30 mins under direct heat, with a plastic cap/bag. Hope that helps!

    Try it out and let me know your hair likes it!

    ~Naomi

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts