Friday, March 11, 2011

Rod Set On Natural Hair

Hey All!


I am not sure if you guys know this, but I adore rod sets! It is the cutest and easiest style to do once you get the hang of it. You don't even have to own a hooded/hard hat dryer. If you are like me and do not own one, you can set your hair over the night, and take the rods out in the morning.

I "upgraded" to the orange 3/4 inch perm rods as my hair has gotten a bit longer, and I want voluminous  curls, and my 5/8th inch pink perm rods were not cutting it.

Here is how the rods look in my hair. I used 5 packs they come in 10, so altogether I used 50 rods.



How the curls look after I took out the rods.


....The final results, after I separated the curls.

 



All I used was my JBCO to oil my scalp, a little leave in, in my case I used my Homemade mix- Creamy Aloe Olive Mix, (you can use any leave in really) and my beloved Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion.

Since it is a foam, I do add a bit of my Africa's Best Herbal Oil to seal,  I add it in sections, and only a few drops of the oil per section. It is what gives me that shine!

So yes, you can achieve curls with natural hair! Oh and what is great about this style is that it is low manipulation, and protective, so long as your hair is not touching your shoulders while in curls, this style can last 4-7 days depending on how well upkeep it (wearing a bonnet/scarf at night).


Just wanted to share.


~Naomi

2 comments:

  1. Hey Naomi I just got some flexi rods for my hair on my birthday and I'm dying to try em out I think I might need more than what I got though. I hate to get started and not have enough so I think I will get another pack before I give it a go. Your curls came out beautifully did you add the herbal oil before or after your foaming wrap lotion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Augusta!

    Thanks for the compliment!

    As far as the setting lotion, since it foams, when I have a good amount of it in the palm of my hand, I drop a few drops of the Africa's Best Oil, rub it on both my palms, and put it on a section of hair, then rod it. I do 4-6 sections, it makes sure my hair gets equal coverage. Hope that answers your question.

    I always buy more rods than I need, I cut it real close when buying those orange rods I was going to get 6 but I got 5, and it was just enough, so I might buy another pack.

    I've been wanting to try flexi-rods myself, let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts