Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lush Retread (Deep Conditioner) Review

http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/hair/solid-shampoos/newHey All!

I received Lush Retread as gift from my dear Mother-In-Law, for Christmas, as she knows that I am a fan of anything hair related!
I have always been interested in LUSH products, because they tend to stay away from chemicals for the most part, so I was really excited to use this conditioner. (I used it along with my Stimulating Spice Shampoo Bar, which I happen to love! I gets my hair squeaky clean but not stripped, it is not filled with a whole bunch of harsh chemicals, and it is also convenient to use and travel with)

 It is a deep conditioner, and it is said for it to be used when "...your hair is feeling rough, harsh, and wrecked". It states that after use it will "...restore sanity and get it under control". Which I can only assume that they were speaking of hair..duh!

It is mostly natural, the few ingredients that are not natural or do not sound like they are

  • Propylene Glycol (A synthetic liquid that is tasteless, colorless, and odorless, that acts as a humectant (humectant means to draw moisture) and helps soften hair
  • Perfume (Fragrance)
  • Cetearyl Alcohol (A mixture of fatty oils that is used to smooth and thicken hair/skin products)
  • Sodium Lauryl Sufate (An agent used in cleaning/hair products that enables a produt to have a lather)
  • Cetrimonium Bromide (Salt used in hair/skin products that help prevent static build up and fly aways)
  • Benzyl Benzoate (This is not a chemical, it is a component from Cinnamon Leaf Oil, which was used as a fragrance for this conditioner)
  • Methylparaben (A Paraben used to lengthen a products shelf life)
  • Propylparaben (Also a Paraben, but this one is used to prevent or control yeast, mold or bacteria from forming)
  • Synthetic Musk (Used for fragrance)
  • Lanolin (A natural yellow waxy substance that is secreated from animals that have wool (sheep for example. It is very moisturizing, but can be heavy)
(Complete) Ingredient List
Agar Infusion (Gelidium cartilagineum), Propylene Glycol, Soya Milk (Glycine soja), Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Fresh Cantaloupe Melon (Cucumis Cantalupensis), Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Perfume, Natural Yoghurt, Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Bromide, Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Synthetic Musk,Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus dulcis), Neroli Oil (Citrus amara), Benzyl Benzoate, Methylparaben,Propylparaben.

(Ingredients that are bolded are natural)

This product does have an expiration date because it is all natural for the most part.

I used it all of three times, because that is all I could get out of the 8.4 oz jar. I would have loved to get 4 uses out of it, but it could have been that I was using too much at a time. Thing is, this product's consistency is very loose, it is not as thick or creamy as I would have liked it to have been, so I felt I needed more product for my hair to feel covered.

The scent was not unpleasant, it does smell like melon, but it has a musky scent to it. It dissipates after a while anyway. It does not detangle for you, meaning it does not have super super slip. It does have slip, just not the kind where knots just 'melt' away if you get what I mean. So it was still necessary to detangle before or after use.

However, it did do great job at moisturizing and refreshing my hair, especially considering that I shampoo before deep conditioning, and I do not always detangle or prepoo before hand. It would be a staple if it were not for the $24.95 USD price tag.

Call me cheap, but 25 dollars for an 8 oz product is way too much in my opinion, but if that does not deter you from wanting to purchase this product, you can buy it online at LUSH (they have websites catering to different countries, so if you are not from the states, go to Lush.Com, and pick which country you are from) you can also buy from their stores, to find a store near you, use the store locator on their site.

This product gets a 4 out of 5 from me, only because of the price, and it did not provide as much slip as I would have liked.

Anyway, I just wanted to share.


~Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts